Welcome to the middle path

My photo
Sporadic photos and notes from a Psyche-midwife, cheerleader, anthropologist--aka clinical social worker in therapy practice. Photos are usually mine except for those of historical events/famous people. Music relevant to the daily topic is often included in a web video embedded below the blog. Click on highlighted links in the copy to get to source or supplemental material. For contact information, see my website @ janasvoboda.com or click on the button to the right below. Join in the conversation.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 30th Challenge


Titles for the 10en20 are going a little slow.  Hope you found some Sunday creativity.
I'll hold out for 10en20 for our finale' day on Tuesday. 

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.  --Robert Brault

Here's an easy Monday challenge:  Practice some uncommon courtesy.
Looking forward to hearing what you did.

Lots of resources linked below should you need a little guidance.

Jimmy Daggett's daily kindness challenge blog (not updated in a while, but scroll on down when you get there for good ideas).

February 13-19th is National Acts of Kindness week.  Gear up here.  

From last year's challenge list:  Be generous (it needn't be with money).

100 Kindness ideas from another Kind Blog.

Another list from LifeHack.


Today's video:

1 comment:

speck said...

rewarding afternoon of interactions with piano students, full of praise for their home-practice accomplishments, ideokinetic experiments for the hands and arms, and detective games to translate the graphic code into more glorious sounds. always good for me to put my kindness foot forward before the fixer foot (especially if the twerplets forgot to practice, but none of 'em forgot this week!)

occasionally i will hear from adult students tales of rulers and knuckles. shudder. worse yet, tales of young singers being told not to sing (psychological abuse). the flip side is the student who practices only to earn stickers, or trophies, or m&m's. every time i sit down to teach, i keep reminding myself to love the student, and share my love of music. some of 'em are real pills...so i remind myself again and again (and remember that i have people like jana to show me how it's done).