Welcome to the middle path

My photo
Sporadic photos and notes from a Psyche-midwife, cheerleader, anthropologist--aka clinical social worker in therapy practice. Photos are usually mine except for those of historical events/famous people. Music relevant to the daily topic is often included in a web video embedded below the blog. Click on highlighted links in the copy to get to source or supplemental material. For contact information, see my website @ janasvoboda.com or click on the button to the right below. Join in the conversation.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 18th Challenge: Bad Country Jukebox

Nice bunch of rules-- don't quit now.  You can continue to add to the posts all month long by clicking on the "comment" link below each.
Wednesday's challenge:   Bad County Western Song Titles.  Bonus points for writing a verse or more to go with them.
Here's a few real song titles to get you in the mood:
"Her Teeth Were Stained, But Her Love Was Real"
"She's Got Freckles On Her But (t-- I Love Her)"
"How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?"
"You Can't Have Your Kate (and Edith Too)
"How Could You Believe Me When I Told You That I Loved You (When You Know I've Been A Liar All My Life)"
"I Changed Her Oil, She Changed My Life"
"Drop-Kick Me, Jesus, Through The Goal Posts of Life"
"If You Can't Live Without Me, Why Aren't You Dead Yet?"
"The Last Word in 'Lonesome' is 'ME'  "

And as a token for your muse:

3 comments:

speck said...

"Is it cold in here, or is it just you?"

"Take yer guns off my gun-rack, and git!"

( dance to the) "Bud-sluggin', belt-buckle-tuggin', boot-scootin' boogie"

"Don't meth with him, he's trouble"

speck said...

That first one is from Joe Diffie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkYSt9AOwhM

Kiesa Kay said...

REAL Country Songs:
Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

AND MY NEW SONG MONSANTO MAN IN HONOR OF LIVING HERE IN MONSANTO LAND IN IOWA:
Monsanto Man
My daddy owned this land
My momma baked the bread
We got eaten by Monsanto
And both of them are dead
I try to make a living
for my kids and wife
but I miss the feel of sunshine
that once lit up my life
oh, monsanto man,
and i'm losing land i loved;
monsanto man,
forgive me, God above
i got to make a living
i got to buy my food
i miss what once was given
i'm in a real bad mood.