Welcome to the middle path

My photo
Sporadic photos and notes from a Psyche-midwife, cheerleader, anthropologist--aka clinical social worker in therapy practice. Photos are usually mine except for those of historical events/famous people. Music relevant to the daily topic is often included in a web video embedded below the blog. Click on highlighted links in the copy to get to source or supplemental material. For contact information, see my website @ janasvoboda.com or click on the button to the right below. Join in the conversation.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Jan 4 Challenge: TOM SWIFTIES

smiling faces:  more fun-whiz-bang!
The quest continues to limber up your Inner poet.  Today's challenge is to write two or more Tom Swifties:  "adverbial" puns that first appeared in a 1920s comic strip. Here's a few examples (don't moan):
"Love your vintage RayBans", Marge said retrospectively.
"I resent all things apairian", he said begrudgingly.
"I could use a little polishing up my look", he admitted lacklusterly.
"Sure wish I could have won one of those horrific paintings being offered as a prize in the month-long poet games", Chip said artlessly.


Looks like quite a lot of you are playing.  It's great to see your additions in the comment section.  If you're behind, find a friend and play catch up.  Remember, you can add your comments anonymously-- but be sure to email me if you want to be in for the prizes.  Challenge continues all month.

--das poetrix

4 comments:

azulfool said...

"I'd roast a raven for his plate, but Edgar Allan's already ate," said the chef, poetically.

"Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked," he said, repeatedly.

speck said...

"Your Urdhva Dhanurasana is divine," the yoga instructor said, archly.

Jana Svoboda, LCSW said...

Love these. There were more replies on facebook, but I'd rather have them here (hint hint).
Meanwhile my brain can't stop Swifting--
"Want to guess what the results of my EPT?", she said expectantly.
"I'm 6 feet, dark, and somewhat mysterious", he said gravely.
"Well, sure I'm a donkey, but that doesn't mean I can't sew", he hemmed and hawed.

Kiesa Kay said...

"Now, where did that frog go?" the princess pondered.