Welcome to the middle path

My photo
Sporadic photos and notes from a Psyche-midwife, cheerleader, anthropologist--aka clinical social worker in therapy practice. Photos are usually mine except for those of historical events/famous people. Music relevant to the daily topic is often included in a web video embedded below the blog. Click on highlighted links in the copy to get to source or supplemental material. For contact information, see my website @ janasvoboda.com or click on the button to the right below. Join in the conversation.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 12 Challenge: Slacker Sunday


It's not you, it's me. The slacker, that is. I woke up (sort of, as much as I did wake anyway) with an off-line brain and a full schedule, which means that since I didn't do a late night write there was no blog today. Or at least no posted challenge. But it's still January 12th, so I'm counting this for something.

I hope you got some Sabbathing in today in whatever form works for you. What worked for me was hearing a kick-ass sermon (did you know those words could go together? works in my faith) on concepts of love in action and right relationship. Follow-up was lunch with the first person I met in Corvallis (who came to visit from her 10-year-old "new" home in Eugene) and other friends and then off for a brisk, only slightly damp hike in the woods. 

It's good that none of this was too taxing, because as I mentioned, my brain was off-line today. So was my computer. Everything needs a rest now and then.

Hopefully you are done with your 12th, but if not or if you want to throw in today's challenge at some later date, remember to take a break now and then when your resources are outstripped by the demands of the day.

And I'll do my best to get a challenge out on time tomorrow. 
Til then, sweet dreams.
Jana

Self-serving quote of the day:   “Every person needs to take one day away.  A day in which one consciously separates the past from the future.  Jobs, family, employers, and friends can exist one day without any one of us, and if our egos permit us to confess, they could exist eternally in our absence.  Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for.  Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw from us.”  --Maya Angelou


Song of the day:

No comments: