Welcome to the middle path

My photo
Sporadic photos and notes from a Psyche-midwife, cheerleader, anthropologist--aka clinical social worker in therapy practice. Photos are usually mine except for those of historical events/famous people. Music relevant to the daily topic is often included in a web video embedded below the blog. Click on highlighted links in the copy to get to source or supplemental material. For contact information, see my website @ janasvoboda.com or click on the button to the right below. Join in the conversation.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Time, that elusive vixen:Door2Challenge for January 10, perhaps to be completed in a another dimension or day. LET SOMETHING GO.

I let go today's challenge until the day way over nearly everywhere,  The good part about playing fast and loose is you can do this challenge tomorrow, next week, three tiems in one day-- just remember to give it a shot.

Tuesday's challenge was to engage in some unproductive hours of just being, punctuated with completing a task you dread.,  I excelled at that today:  stayed in bed until 11, jammies until 1230.  My excuse was meeting another challenge of facing my fears.  I had to have some gruesome dental work done today that I'd managed to put off a couple of years.  I came home woozy and puttered about getting very little done, then topped the evening off with a family outing to inconsequential cinema.(THOR< GOD OF THUNDER!!!)which was delightful, and reminded me of the great powers of escape and denial

On a self-care scale of one-10, I scored a solid five.  I took care of a need, faced some fears (really folks, my childhood dentist was a sociopath sadist) and regressed gracefully on both sides of that quest.

How did you take care of yourself today?  In both necessary and sentimental/coddling ways?
SURRENDER TO THE NEED TO DO NOTHING OF CONSEQUENCE AT TIMES.
especially if your day includes a difficult task and  bravery for part of the time.
  

No comments: